Objectives: Students will study and explore multiple script formats. Students will write scripts will various formats. Students will also create storyboards for inclusion throughout pre-production.
Standards: AVTFI-3: Understand and utilize trade terminology in an appropriate manner. 3.1 Identify and utilize trade terminology in the media production lab. 3.2 Identify and utilize trade abbreviations and acronyms as appropriate.
AVTFI-5: Identify and create various types of scripts. 5.1 Identify scripts by format. 5.2 Demonstrate the steps leading to the development of various types of scripts (Brainstorm, Proposal and Treatment). 5.3 Define terminology used in scriptwriting. 5.4. Write scripts as assigned according to designated deadline. 5.5. Plan and produce a storyboard.
Essential Questions: What are the steps to writing an effective script? How can we draw an accurate storyboard?
Activity 1: Powerpoint and Workbook
Step 1: Log into Google Classroom and complete the activity entitled Unit 6 Ch. 8 Module Work. Step 2: Read and review the Chapter 8 Powerpoint on pre-production. Step 3: Complete the Chapter 8 workbook activities on pages 47-48 ONLY. Step 4: Once module work is complete, you may take the Unit 6 Ch. 8 Quiz located in Google Classroom.
Activity 2: Storyboarding
1. Watch the screencast for storyboarding below.
2. Look over the document for STORYBOARDING BASICS 3. Check out the video below for storyboarding for people who can't draw
Activity 3: Storyboarding Practice
1. Using the website Storyboard That create a storyboard for the 3 scenarios below. Each storyboard must contain 8 shots with an accurate description for each shot.
Below is a short Storyboard That tutorial video.
2. Or you may use the Storyboard Template that you may download and use your device with to draw a working storyboard for the three scenarios listed below. Each storyboard must contain 8 shots with an accurate description for each shot.
HERE is an example of how to create an effective storyboard using our storyboard template.
Activity 4: Scriptwriting
1. Watch the Scriptwriting Screencast below
2. Use this Script Template to tell a story (:45-1:00) of one of your storyboarded scenarios. The script should be at least 1 page in length and include shots and dialogue. Work as a group to write the story. Remember that all stories have a beginning, middle, and end. Submit your script and storyboard in Google Classroom with your names at the top.
Activity 4: Video Project
1. Create a video for your chosen storyboarded scenario. You will be scored on the 10/10/10 scale. Pre Production = 10, Production = 10, Post Production = 10. The video will contain spoken dialogue and will continue to focus on matching action and continuity. You will adjust your script and create a new full storyboard to fit the script before filming.
Conclusion: Submit your reflection in Google Classroom. It must be no less than 5 sentences about your experience during this unit. What did you learn? What was easy and difficult? What would you like to experience next based on what you have learned?
MODULE COMPLETION CHECKLIST Due ___ Read and Review Chapter 8 Powerpoint Presentation ___ Complete Chapter 8 Workbook Activities ___ Complete Chapter 8 Quiz ___ Watch Storyboard Videos ___ Complete Storyboard Assignment ___ Watch Scriptwriting Video ___ Complete Scriptwriting Assignment ___ Complete Day in the Life of_____Video ___ Submit Reflection